Electric drives cause about 65 percent of electricity consumption in the industry. An optimization of the electrical drives can save you considerable (energy) costs. Typically is the proportion of energy costs by more than 90% within the whole life cycle of an electric motor. A replacement of old engines with new efficiency class eff1 can devalue the energy losses by up to 40%.
- drive selection according to the type of use (eg synchronous motor induction motor instead)
- Selection of drives taking live cylce costs into account
- Use of drives control, use of frequency converters (FC-controlled motors)
- minimization of friction losses (transmission, conveyors)
- reduction of the starting current to avoid load peaks
- operation of electric motors according to selection of performance requirement
- energy data management